Yachty DELUXE, needs fixing (screenshots attached)

Discuss all things Yachty. What's your best score?

Yachty DELUXE, needs fixing (screenshots attached)

Postby Vette » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:50 pm

I've had Yachty DELUXE in my iPhone 4, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air, for years and it's practically impossible to play on any of them.

The iPad Air, belongs to my wife and we have tried to play each other for years, but all we get is a notification that says, "Waiting for Opponent".

I'll start a game and she hardly ever gets it. She starts a game and I almost never get it. If one of us gets the next turn, we take it. Both of our devices says, "Waiting for Opponent" and neither of us is able to take the next turn because both of our devices says, Waiting for Opponent". That's as far as we can get with this game. This has happened for years. We have uninstalled the game from our devices many, many times. If one of us gets the next turn, we take it, but it will say Waiting for Opponent" on both of our devices.

Just about 45 minutes ago I sent her a notification through the app. I took the first turn and the game says "Waiting fort Opponent". My wife got the notification before I took my turn. After I I took my turn, she never got her turn and my iPhone says, "Waiting for Opponent". She opens Yachty Deluxe and her turn isn't there. I've attached a screenshot from her iPad Air, that shows her active games. She goes to "Start new" and "Game Center Multiplayer" is grayed out and she can't even start a new game with anyone.

When we first installed the game in our devices, the game worked perfectly, until the next version update and the game has almost never worked for us again. What is the problem with Yachty Deluxe, that is causing this problem that has been going on for years?

One other problem with Yachty Deluxe... I got a notification from Apple Corp. that says, ""Yachty Deluxe" May Slow Down Your iPhone" -- "The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility." (screenshot) When do you plan to update?

(apparently, I can't attach more than 1 screenshot. The one that got attached was the last one I uploaded. If you want the other 2 screenshots, let me know how to attach more than 1 screenshot in a post)

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0205.jpg
notification sent to my iPhone from Apple

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: Yachty DELUXE, needs fixing (screenshots attached)

Postby Rubicon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:47 am

That slowing down thing is a ridiculous move by apple to cripple all software that hasn't been recompiled to run on ios 10, is patently untrue and I expect someone bigger than Rubicon will be sueing them over it in due course.

Gamecentre being greyed out shows where the problem is with the turn handling. Sounds to me like there is an issue with either her wifi connection or her GC account login procedure. We know the game is working properly as we can see many other games are progressing nicely. Sorry that's not more helpful but we just use what Apple provide here.

We are in the process of updating all of our apps on the store, so the first issue will be addressed when we get to it (the ios 10 thing) soonish. We'll double-check that GC is still working fine when we do this of course, but it seems ok at the moment.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby Vette » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:52 am

Thank you for your reply. My wife and I use the same wifi, as we are in the same house. When we are out and using cellular date, we have the same problem. So it's not a wi-fi problem. THINK ABOUT WHAT I JUST SAID. :(( Sometimes I have a problem connecting to the game center servers while playing another game. So when I'm playing the other game and need to connect with the game servers which is only needed when playing online with the game center, at times I'll have to turn off the wi-fi in my iPhone, then close the game, then restart my iPhone, restart the game and then turn on the wi-fi in my iPhone and usually I am able to connect to the game center. When I have to do all that, I am also unable to connect to the game center using cellular data. So it isn't an ISP or my wi-fi or my iPhone. I've called Apple support and they sent a ticket to the engineers and they said they have "isolated" the problem to the game. So I'm assuming your game has a similar problem which your developers can fix. The other game I play, their developers says it's an ISP or modem problem and so they leave it at that and many thousands of gamers all over the world are having the same problem with connecting to the GC servers and the game developers refuse to do anything about it, figuring no-one knows better than them about the game or the GC. So the problem goes un-fixed and the gamers that play the game from all over the world suffers. I would think that the engineers at Apple would know best, since they developed and run the GC. Whatever...

Thanks,

Dwight

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:50 am

And yet we can only implement the SDK they give us and hope for the best. It's not that developers don't care, it's that there's nothing we can do different.

If we issue the call to connect to their server and get the current games, that either works or it doesn't and there's nothing we can change to make it work any better. As I said previously, we'll have a look see for any obvious app-side bugs when we do this other thing, but I'm not expecting to find anything in the app as we have a lot of users with no apparent issues - gamecentre is just flakey. Apple often move the goalposts as evidenced by this bogus slowdown warning so maybe just the act of rebuilding it might fix it.

The proper fix is to implement something on our own server like we did for combat monsters, but the earnings we make from yachty don't really justify the expense of running it, sadly. I'd love that to not be true.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Return to Yachty Deluxe