Online: general feedback

Bug reporting and feedback only please.

Online: general feedback

Postby Kawila » Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 am

general feedback:
I love the game. It is fun und is great to excercise strategic and tactical thinking. (Yes: I used to play chess...)
And it has a lot of valuable additional features compared to GBWG.
The current version is already quite stable. Not easy anymore to find bugs. Confirmed by they relation of feature idea/requests to bug reports in the forum.

For me the main pain points now are:
(1) The Swap Teams Bug
(2) The lack of notification when it's your turn
(3) The very high battery consumption (IOS)

I could imagine that these are showstoppers for some potential users.

Concerning Balance. I might have player more 1:1 online matches than anybody else. And I usually win. But I feel very much as a beginner and cannot really judge balance finesses. Just some feelings:
- player 2 bonus 250 is ok in general. I think a few maps favor player 1 others might slightly favor player 2.
- Dont change too much too fast.
- I hope we'll have an ongoing long term process to discuss and adjust balance settings.
- Mobility and cheap units are even more important in larger maps than in small maps. I doubt that Tech Centers and factions with fancy expensive units really get useful against good human players in larger maps.

Re: Online: general feedback

Postby Someone123 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:25 pm

ELWG consumes a lot of battery on Android too, so I can only play it at home with charger nearby. They are probably going to optimize it (fancy effects on/off is coming)
ELWG Name: Dusko

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Mon May 22, 2017 3:10 pm

There's no special battery drain mode. We use all the facilities of the hardware. If your phone cannot support that then you need a new phone or perhaps one that doesn't put an 8 core cpu, a and playstation 3 video card on a machine powered by an AA battery.

Seriously, I get bored of hearing this one. Its just not the game's fault and they only software fix is to just play wordsearch games in text mode.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby qklilx » Mon May 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Back when I was actively playing beta, I think through version 2 or 3, battery was always acceptable. I use an iPhone SE. I'm pretty sure Combat Monsters (understandably) used a lot more.
COMBAT MONSTERS REFERRAL CODE:

MJ4PLYF

Use it for 25% more coins when you purchase Rubicoins and support a broke rapper!

Return to Epic Little War Game - BETA