v0.5 is Kick Ass!

Bug reporting and feedback only please.

v0.5 is Kick Ass!

Postby Hyperion703 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Paul & Co. - I love your new build! So many things to celebrate (and I'm sure there are much more to discover):

- Power Stations are very relevant, but detract little from the natural flow of construction. A welcome, if nominal, decrease in pace of the early game. I find its possible to jump right to aircraft or tanks, but now it's a little awkward and leaves me wide open. I find myself wanting to make infantry with my barracks for a few additional days while keeping pressure on my opponent instead of going right for big weapons right away. Awesome balance here.
- No more yellow build circles over trees, rocks and foliage. It's possible to build on wild areas, just not directly. Interesting...
- Flame Tanks are awesome! Buff too. Tank Killers actually do what their name implies
- MLRS costs raised to 600 gold. Splash damage way muted. It's a push in the right direction. Still, I'd have kept them 400 but made them only available upon building a TC. But this is good too.
- Medics and Mechanics - wow.
- Death Sparks: Haven't noticed that much of a change in their splash or damage. Maybe I just need to play them more...
- Marauders: They seem the same. Any changes to them?
- Long pressing any unit shows movement, current firing radius, and potential combined movement+firing. Nice!!

Only three minor issues I can tell:
1. Medics are in the Rusty Nuggets. So are Flame Tanks. Neither are listed under Limited Edition, however. I noticed Behemoths are in the Death Sparks now but didn't see if they are listed as LE either...
2. When Choppers (I think.. it might have been Marauders..) target a turret, the prompt button reads "Attack Unit" instead of "Attack Building".
3. The list of skirmish maps is all scrambled. It's not organized by anything that I can tell. I thought the way it was before was better (number of players, then alphabetically).

Stay up,
-hype
Think Style. Think Skill. ThinkTank.
Dusty Nuggets Battalion: Named for the layer of dust accumulating on my HQ

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: v0.5 is Kick Ass!

Postby Rubicon » Mon May 15, 2017 10:33 pm

They're not limited edition anymore, most sides have one or both.

I just can't decide what I like better with the map listings. Currently it's by rough size then alphabetically as it was originally. Last build it was by player count, which does sound more relevant but there are massive maps with only 2 players and that just felt wrong.

How it is now gives much bigger groupings so that an scroll to the right starting letter tends to actually work.

Who wants which way?
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby Scotch21 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:59 pm

Personally I prefer the way it is now in terms of the map scrolling. Organized first by players second by map size and third alphabetical. Right? I think it feels right. Haven't had much time to test anything else today work was busy. Will post more as I play
- Rusty Entente Defence (RED)

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 am

Another wrinkle is that the amount of starting spots is actually irrelevant in the online game as it uses the first two which are placed so that that works.

If a map is medium but has 6P, shouldn't it appear alphabetically next to another map that's medium and only supports 2P because 2P is all that's needed/used?
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby Scotch21 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:33 am

Not necessarily as one could use the other player spots in a solo skirmish gag style. Then the size of the map is more relevant to the speed of the game. Sorting The way it is now allows for easy sorting based on players and size. If it we changed then it would be more difficult to find a specific size map.
- Rusty Entente Defence (RED)

Return to Epic Little War Game - BETA