Android Memory Bug

Bug reporting and feedback only please.

Android Memory Bug

Postby Scotch21 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:45 am

Tested on both a Samsung Galaxy S4 & S7
S4: the game is barly playable.
S7: the game is playable in short spurts, multiplayer or campain missions.

The game plays smooth: if I/all/enemy(s) are just moving units around, when in non map selecting menu screens
The bug happens: when someone builds structure's/units, someone attacks units/structure's/terrain, when someone sends a message, when looking through th maps while setting up a game

There is a good picture of what transpires visually by "BigMeety" in the "Problem with android" thread.

The game has crashed 3 times on me so far: 1st time what looking through maps while setting up a skirmish, the game crashed.. I restarted and tried again, only to have it crash once more. I realized I was looking through the maps too fast, and was able to find a map by very slowly going through them. 2nd crash was after skirmishing for aprox 1.5 hrs, it got so bad that I was forced to save and close the game. When I opened it crashed, re-opened and crashed again. I sent a report and left it alone for a while. The 3rd crash happend twice like the other times, except the crashs happend after recieving a message from an allie in a 2v2comp match. Both times the game crashed shortly, not immediatly, after the message was recieved.
- Rusty Entente Defence (RED)

Re: Android Memory Bug

Postby Hyperion703 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:17 am

Scotch21 wrote:The game plays smooth: if I/all/enemy(s) are just moving units around, when in non map selecting menu screens
The bug happens: when someone builds structure's/units, someone attacks units/structure's/terrain, when someone sends a message, when looking through th maps while setting up a game

There is a good picture of what transpires visually by "BigMeety" in the "Problem with android" thread.

Have you downloaded the new android ELWG BETA that was released within the past 24 hours? If not, then you'll be happy to know that this particularly annoying and severe bug has been squashed. The smoothness of game play is night and day.

Can't help on your other bugs though. It might just be possible that some devices are just too old and dated to run ELWG. Still, it should be fine on an S7...

Good luck,
-hype
Think Style. Think Skill. ThinkTank.
Dusty Nuggets Battalion: Named for the layer of dust accumulating on my HQ

Return to Epic Little War Game - BETA