Placing buildings is difficult

Bug reporting and feedback only please.

Placing buildings is difficult

Postby dckkendell » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm

On a phone screen, placing buildings can be challenging. It requires a lot of trial and error if you can't tell what terrain is clear or same height. Perhaps this could be solved by highlighting the footprint of the building prior to placement rather than after clicking to set it down.

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: Placing buildings is difficult

Postby Rubicon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 pm

How would it know which building you intend to build?
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby tempelorg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Haven't gotten to levels yet where I can place, but I'd expect to work it this way:

First, I'd pick a building. Then I'd pick a tile to place it, then I'd be able to drag it around and rotate it, and finally I tap an OK button to place it there - or cancel.

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Not that sort of game. Dragging and dropping would mean not having builder units, which in turn would mean not being able to expand much beyond your start point. I've played games that do both methods, and the builder sort are exclusively better.

The other way to do builders but also drag-and-drop is to drop a target building marker anywhere and have the builder run toward it. That works far better in real-time games but would be a bit crap in a turn-based as your own guys shouldn't move on their own - it breaks the paradigm. (The same decision stopped us having an "automate" button on the builders)

It's not like this very subject hasn't had a great deal of thought put in. :) This is the best option in our opinion. It's also the fastest to operate once you get used to it.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby qklilx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 am

How about this? You select the spot, then select the building. The build menu then disappears and you can see where the building will be placed. There is an OK button and a cancel button. OK builds the structure, cancel brings you back to the build menu. I have no idea what the process looks like on big screens but on my phone I can barely see any of the green outline so I'm basically building blindly.
COMBAT MONSTERS REFERRAL CODE:

MJ4PLYF

Use it for 25% more coins when you purchase Rubicoins and support a broke rapper!

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 am

I think you'll feel differently after the next build when I've fixed this interface. Currently it's way too big on smaller displays. Bit of a schoolboy error here, should've spotted this myself.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Return to Epic Little War Game - BETA