Terrain Levels can be difficult to see

Bug reporting and feedback only please.

Terrain Levels can be difficult to see

Postby Abacist » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 pm

1. Land terrain levels 1 and 2 are too similar visually. GBWG has much better contrast.
2. With the new multi-level water, it is visually difficult to see which water matches which land. I think the fix is to improve the visual design of the border between water and land, where currently they don't look connected.

Re: Terrain Levels can be difficult to see

Postby qklilx » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:13 pm

I fully agree here. I find myself frequently zooming in all the way to check certain tiles to see if I can move to them. GBWG made them darker so it was easy to see. I know the textures in this game a much more varied and detailed, so as a normal dude, I don't know what to suggest to fix it.
COMBAT MONSTERS REFERRAL CODE:

MJ4PLYF

Use it for 25% more coins when you purchase Rubicoins and support a broke rapper!

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:33 pm

What environment we talking about, the initial grass? It's all meant to look very different but maybe we made it too dark now?
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby qklilx » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:42 pm

So far it's ground level grass to +1 height grass that gets me. Haven't experimented with the other terrains just yet.
COMBAT MONSTERS REFERRAL CODE:

MJ4PLYF

Use it for 25% more coins when you purchase Rubicoins and support a broke rapper!

Postby Abacist » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:08 am

Yes, ground level to next level. I called it level 1 to level 2 in the post.

Postby Abacist » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

This is a major issue for me, particularly on the Mountain campaign. There are only a couple of first level steps for ground units to go up the mountain but virtually impossible to see.

I recommend clearly differentiated colors, probably along a single color that changes to lighter and lighter equally, as the levels get higher.

Also: another good height differentiator would be a delineating line between each level, which would them very cool topographical maps!

Postby Abacist » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Even better: add a setting for "Plain Terrain" that completely removes the realistic terrain and is simply very clear single colors. I think this would be best for hardcore detail-oriented players.

Postby Abacist » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Contour lines / map, that is the word I was trying to remember.

Postby chenx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:39 am

Abacist wrote:1. Land terrain levels 1 and 2 are too similar visually. GBWG has much better contrast.
2. With the new multi-level water, it is visually difficult to see which water matches which land. I think the fix is to improve the visual design of the border between water and land, where currently they don't look connected.

Agreed! It's always hard to find a way to climb up the mountain.

Return to Epic Little War Game - BETA