Combat Monsters: How it all started

General Rubicon News and Events
User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Combat Monsters: How it all started

Postby Rubicon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:25 pm

I'd forgotten I wrote this. Over at gamasutra (link below), you can find a brief article with plenty of early pics that describes how we came to make the game what it is today.

I'm still tempted to find a way to make that original game a thing to, maybe somehow sharing account details.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/PaulJohn ... So_Far.php
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Re: Combat Monsters: How it all started

Postby silverydeath » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:49 am

DO IT

It would be such a shame to not utilise all that hard work on the squad system!

Silv
Silv
--
ThinkTank - The first CM clan. B-)

New update allows multiple referrals for 25% extra rubicoins EVERYTIME: M5X8H4J (Spread the love; what goes around comes around!)

Re: Combat Monsters: How it all started

Postby TheStatutoryApe » Sun May 24, 2015 2:09 am

There actually is a squad based tactics game out called Wizard Ops Tactics by an american indie dev team in Florida called Phyken Media. It's a pretty cool little game. It has a similar F2P model. Their downfall, though, was that it lacked much content and became rather repetitive. There were only four or five maps last I checked. They were also exceedingly generous with coin pay outs, even giving reduced winnings for losses, which made spending money on the game pretty much pointless. I should go take another look to see if they've been able to add more content recently.

The devs were really cool and, if Rubi doesn't mind my promoting a "competitor", I'd suggest every one check them out and give some love to more indie devs. You guys might also want to go see what they did with their game if you're interested, perhaps, in publishing a similar style game some day.
May as well put this here... referral code:QMY33H3

Return to News