Android: Backup settings/progress?

Share tactics, hints, help requests, make general comments, etc.
Rev

Android: Backup settings/progress?

Postby Rev » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi! I love this game and I'm nearing the end of the first campaign. I'm getting a new phone soon and I want to know if I can transfer my progress to the new device. I am not rooted. I have a Galaxy Nexus running 4.0 (this one is wonky, so I'm getting a new one).

Thanks for any help!

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: Android: Backup settings/progress?

Postby Rubicon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Sorry, there's nothing you can do from inside the game. We'll address this in a future update if we can find time, but that will be too late to help you now, sorry.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Rev

Postby Rev » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Gottcha. Is there a file I can pull from the SD partition, by chance?

Postby andrzej_robak » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 am

Up, up... I am in the similar situation but I would like to share my progress between my phone and two tablets where I have GBWG installed. It would be great to have such a feature.

Best regards from Poland and keep up good wrk :)

Postby andrzej_robak » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:19 am

Hah, I have just read that GBWG already has such possibility and since then my "up" is not so valid. Sorry for the mess but I was practicing in All Out War, GLWG and GBWG (having no idea what game I am in ;)) and was missing progress sharing.. Will see if GBWG cloud my settings on my custom ROM.

Regards.

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:37 am

You can possibly pull the files off manually and put them in the right place on a different device. That would certainly achieve what you're after.

The problem though is that it's Android or iOS that picks where that place is - we just ask the system for a save location and it gives us one. The wrinkle here is that this location can and does change between phones/manufacturers/etc so we don't actually know where those files will be on any one device.

The filename you need is the rather unimaginitevly titled "savegame.sav" if you're able to do a search.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby jenniferjudy225 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:39 am

It is simple Just sign in to Google play and sync it with your game and all the progress will be saved and it is very easy also. For this you'll have to use Internet and you can also sync it with your game on other devices as well by logging in with the same id.

Return to Great Little War Game