Restoring purchases on GLWG

Share tactics, hints, help requests, make general comments, etc.

Restoring purchases on GLWG

Postby Anzac » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:11 pm

I loved GLWG and played every mission and bought all the map packs.

Having just heard about the new great big war game, I purchased immediately and while downloading I opened up GLWG to play a quick game before the other finished installing.

To my surprise, the extra content I purchased was not available and there was no restore purchases button. Something I noticed the new game already has.

I recently had to restore a backup of my iPad, Suomi figure that's when my purchased content went away.

Any way to solve this?

Thank you

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: Restoring purchases on GLWG

Postby Rubicon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Just download it again from the store as before. Your purchase is stored with iTunes so you won't get charged again.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby kmcnellis15 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 pm

The same thing happened to me, and when I press the button to "Buy Game" it asked to charge me the $2.99 again!

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:26 pm

It may say that, but it won't actually charge you - many of us have been moaning about how this is presented for years.

With the caveat that you are doing the right thing. A few customers have bought the game from the store then at a later date downloaded the free one and tried to unlock via the iap. Those ARE different products and you WILL be charged again, there's nothing we can do to help that. But if you are definitely rebuying the same identical thing from the same app, you will NOT be charged again.

Hope that helps and thanks for coming back. :)
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Return to Great Little War Game