Unlimited ammo

The brand adored by millions gets another airing. Feedback welcome.

Unlimited ammo

Postby Immelman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Dear Dev Team,

I have been a huge fan of your original game GLWG for a long time, it’s downright awesome! The thing that I truly love about it is the intricacy of having to keep your troops supplied with fuel and ammo. It forces you to really take the time and think about your moves or suffer the consequences of being stranded at the other end of the map out of gas and out of ammo!!

Sadly you chose to remove this integral part of the game in your second rendition GLWG 2. The consequences are dire as the game has become too damn easy, there is no more challenge to it. Just load engineers onto jeeps zoom to the opposite end of the map and take the enemy buildings, or zip up the map with 2-3 battle tanks and blow everything to hell. No more supply lines to worry about so you can do virtually anything you want…

I besiege you please bring back the supply truck. I can understand that grunts and snipers should not require ammo as bullets are not that heavy to carry but bazookas, grenadiers and tanks should have limited ammo and fuel to make the game more interesting and realistic.

This is truer in GLWG 2 since you introduced splash damage and the medic. Now more than ever supply lines should be the yoke holding you back form simply moving your army forward and taking down anything in your path…

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: Unlimited ammo

Postby Rubicon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:39 pm

I agree with you in principle, but it's one of the things we here the most complaining about generally. Without the ability to build fuel dumps en route, it's just another thing to remember though and adds little to the tactics. (Bring a cheap fuel truck, keep it off the front line).

GLWG2 was a lot easier mainly because we made it a lot easier.

UWG won't have fuel either, but that won't be easy - I promise you that, we've learned our lesson on that front!
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Re: Unlimited ammo

Postby teasers » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:10 am

Merci pour le partage.
gclub

Return to Great Little War Game 2