Mission 37 in just two days (hard difficulty)

The brand adored by millions gets another airing. Feedback welcome.

Mission 37 in just two days (hard difficulty)

Postby kimke » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:51 am

Day 1:
1. Move your grunts away to make way from barracks to the ferry.
2. Build engineer, embark it and move the ferry north, just out of the range of enemy destroyer, yet 5 hexes away from the western beach of the enemy island.

Day 2:
3. Capture the enemy barrack and build 4 bazookas to destroy the enemy base the same turn.

This easy mission is no exception. I have got the new record bonus (50 battle points) in almost all the missions. Some notable records:

Mission 30: 2 days (building sniper at the western barracks and using jeep)
Mission 35: 3 days (building engineer, ferry and cruiser, in that order).
Mission 50: 3 days (building sniper, grenadier (and optionally medic IIRC), in that order)

Mjd

Re: Mission 37 in just two days (hard difficulty)

Postby Mjd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:16 pm

How did you manage level 45 in three days?

My fully upgraded and promoted cruiser took that long just getting into range and then two shots to take the base down. Getting fully promoted takes more than three days and getting the cash to buy the cruiser in the first place takes until day two.

In short, unless I am missing something, it just doesn't add up.

I've not been able to duplicate your level 50 score either no matter which route I use though I may just be using the wrong strategy.

Re: Mission 37 in just two days (hard difficulty)

Postby kimke » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Mjd wrote:How did you manage level 45 in three days?

Sorry, my mistake. I meant level 35 where I used cruiser the to kill the general. The key is to capture the closest neutral ship yard by turn 3, then you can finish the mission in the same turn.

Mjd wrote:I've not been able to duplicate your level 50 score either no matter which route I use though I may just be using the wrong strategy.

Ok, here are the detailed steps:
Day 1: Buy sniper and move it north of your general.
Day 2: Move the sniper west to kill the southmost sniper on elevated terrain. Buy a grenadier to kill the grunt east of the killed enemy sniper.
Day 3. There is enemy soldier (bazooka in my case) between two enemy snipers, 3 hexes from the enemy general, also reachable by your sniper. Use your grenadier clear the hex and then move your sniper to kill the general. Just tested this and realized that there is not enough cash to buy a medic, but that is not needed.

Return to Great Little War Game 2