Level 23

The brand adored by millions gets another airing. Feedback welcome.

Level 23

Postby Wee_Lad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:21 am

Anyone managed to survive level 23. You get 200 coins and have to face snipers, grenaders, MLRS, artillery... To get more oil, you need to send engineers to an island - but it will take a couple of turns... Meanwhile, you´re pinned-down and nowhere to go... Suggestions...

Re: Level 23

Postby Wee_Lad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:21 am

Ok. A medic did the trick. #:-s

Postby LisaDCA » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Wee_Lad, could you take us through step by step or give a bit more info? I've tried a medic but still get killed.
My feeling is you need to start with 2 engineers, get one to capture an oil rig and one to capture the enemy base in 2 days, then send another engineer from there to capture the factory as part of the same turn on the 2nd day. There isn't much money left but capturing more oil rigs leaves the general too exposed, seem to survive longer if I spend on as many grunts as possible, but then how to afford a medic or more engineers....
I've tried it every which way but still get shot down.

Postby Jason » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:52 pm

I did this without a medic. Basically I did what LisaDCA said. One engineer grabs an oil rig on the east island. A second engineer goes to the east enemy barracks and goes to the small landing right beside the barracks. From there you can take the tank factory. For the grunts you start with, back them up on the first turn out of enemy range. Have the enemy come to you and then you can spawn another grunt on turn 2 and attack enemies. I have all 3 grunts each take a piece out of 3 enemies and I block the path so that on enemies next turn they have to attack your grunts and cannot reach the general. Once you have the east barracks and the tank factory you can deal with anything coming from the remaining enemy barracks. You can take that last barrack if you want and then just ride out the remaining time or you can let the AI spawn an enemy or two and make it a little interesting to the end. At some point I might have sent another engineer around turn 3, 4 or 5 to increase gold for the end. You will want to spawn a bazooka man from the barracks you took in the northeast to deal with the recons the enemy starts with and possibly any the AI spawns after that.

Postby Ti-Cats » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:09 am

I finally won this one after about 20 tries. I sent two engineers to the island to open oil wells, then kept building grunts and blocking the enemy from advancing. As the game advanced I got another engineer to the island to open a third well. This gave me enough points to buy a medic to rebuild my grunts, and I finally managed to get an engineer to capture the barracks and then the factory. It was a close run thing, as Wellington would say.

Return to Great Little War Game 2