Serious bug (iCloud?) found

The brand adored by millions gets another airing. Feedback welcome.

Serious bug (iCloud?) found

Postby Blaster88 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:46 am

As a long time fan of the GLWG series and the previous games, I picked up GLWG 2 on the first day of release. However, I just ran across a serious game breaking bug that is making me wait for this to be fixed before proceeding.

I have an iPad 2 with iOS 7.1 and an iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1. I initially purchased the game on my iPad, and quickly ran through the first 5 levels. Then I downloaded it on my iPhone and noted that it was advanced to level 5. "Cool," I thought, "iCloud works." I then went back to my iPad and played several more levels. Checking my iPhone I noted that it was still on level 5, so I guess iCloud has some problems. Played a couple more levels on my my iPad, got to level 14 or so, checked my iPhone again. Still on level 5. Went back to my iPad, it was now on level 5!!

So for some reason my iPad reverted back to the level my iPhone was at. That's only kinda bad. What's really bad is that all of the upgrades that I had performed were gone, and my iPad game also had no battle stars available in the levels I had already played (even though it thought I hadn't played them).

So in summary, an iCloud save from my iPhone that was older than what was on iPad caused the iPad game to be completely messed up. I lost all my upgrades and battle stars. iCloud doesn't really work well and has a serious game affecting bug.

Please add this to the fix list.

Thanks.

P.S. The game is EXTREMELY simple through level 14. I hope it gets much harder. Maybe the AI is sleeping.

Re: Serious bug (iCloud?) found

Postby Acrammer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:28 am

Had the same problem. On iPad 3 and iPhone 5s both on ios 7.1

But with mine I lost about 15-20 levels of progress! I really don't want to go back to do these levels again the game was too easy as it was!!

Please fix this!

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:57 am

Sorry guys, this is broken and a fix is in with apple, along with various feature enhancements like difficulty selection and orientation snap.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby Acrammer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for quick reply!

Return to Great Little War Game 2