Changes

The brand adored by millions gets another airing. Feedback welcome.
User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: Changes

Postby Rubicon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:55 pm

No worries. We do value all feedback and usually react to it as you'll see if you ask around here.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby Father_V » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:41 am

Okay, since I can't find the info online, I would like to request a list of what the different unit upgrades do. In the app would be best, preferably on the same page where the upgrades can be bought. Similar post on Facebook.

Sincerely,
Rev. Paul L. Vasquez

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:31 am

They give a small buff to your troops attack and defence.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby _Spartacus_ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi Rubicon,
I'm a big fan of your wargames, but in my opinion glwg2 is way too easy! The AI always attacks my buildings instead of killing my troops or doesn't attack at all( mission 49)
In mission 45 the enemy has no oil derricks and therefore can't build any units..
Looking forward to gbwg2 :D
Feel free to use JWG1K2X when buying rubicoins and we both get extra coins

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:07 pm

We have made it easier, but a couple of those are map bugs that are fixed and awaiting release/approval.

Next outing for this brand will probably return to GBWG style and get harder. We weren't going to do another one, but it seems there is still a ton of interest, so we'll go the other way next time. Won't be for a while though, got a ton on atm. :s
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby Father_V » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:22 am

[spoilers]

You have been warned

Okay, so replayability is an issue in this game. Sure, it's great to get all the bonus points after you win the whole thing, but what are you supposed to do with them? If you try to go back and start from the first campaign phase, it resets everything to zero.

I would suggest the following: offer the chance for the player to go back to the beginning with the upgrades intact, increase the difficulty of the ai the second time through while allowing the upgrades to stay intact, or allow any maxed out unit to trade in all upgrades the next time around in exchange for a extra movement point, or some other thing that would make going through again not a total loss for the player. As it is now, since there are no saves, I'm scared to play through again since all my improvements will be lost forever.

Sincerely,
Rev. Paul L. Vasquez

Previous

Return to Great Little War Game 2