Great Big War Game won’t run unless it get an update forOS11

Anything goes discussion of our BIG new release

Great Big War Game won’t run unless it get an update forOS11

Postby Agpi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Anyone else having problems ?, I get the message Rubicon needs to update game. :^o

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Re: Great Big War Game won’t run unless it get an update for

Postby Rubicon » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Rubicon don't need to update the game. Apple needs to make sure things are backwards compatible so as not to annoy customers, then stop blaming developers for their own insane decisions.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Postby Agpi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 am

Ok, if there is an issue Rubicon should email Apple and get this issue fix as they are more likely to listen to a developer than an Apple customer.
You buy a game an you hope it works can’t be the only guy with this issue just not good for business.

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin

Postby Rubicon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:45 am

Apple listening to developers :)

All older games are affected. iOS 11 only runs on 64 bit hardware so games built to run on 32 bit are not supported. That's simply not our problem to solve, it's not a "problem" at all. GBWG was not designed to work on a 64 iOS operating system in the same way that it's not designed to run on the XBox or Switch.

The choice is on the consumer whether to update to iOS 11. I haven't for a start but I will do eventually when I'm happy to sacrifice the games I paid almost nothing for years ago.

You say it's bad for developers, but this isn't our doing at all - this has been foisted on us same as it has you. We tried to rebuild GBWG a while ago and it would require about a months worth of work to fix all the issues, which would also kill all progress made in the game. That is something you don't do to your customers, not port it for life. To keep up with the times, we've made a more modern variant of the game that does work on iOS 11.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Return to Great BIG War Game