Cant get save games Syncing between Nexus 5 and Nexus 7

Anything goes discussion of our BIG new release

Cant get save games Syncing between Nexus 5 and Nexus 7

Postby Pedd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi guys,

I really hope that some one can help me. I have a Nexus 5 (Stock ROM) and a Nexus 7 (2012, Stock ROM). I cann't get save games to sync between the two devices. Both devices are set to backup up to my one and only Google account. Here is the sequence of events.

- I bought and started to play and love GBWG on my Nexus 7.
- I also installed GBWG on my HTC One X (CyanogenMod 10) - I honestly can't recall if there was game syncing on the One X - i rarely started the game up - battery was too precious on that phone.
- I bought a Nexus 5 to replace the One X and despite promising myself that I wasn't going to put games on there, GBWG found it's way on. My game save progress from the N7 was brought down and I was happy.
- After a couple of weeks with my new N5, I thought that the N7 was seeming a little slow, so I decided to to a complete reset.
- When resetting the N7 I didn't want to to automatically reinstall all the apps that were previously on the device, so i didn't restore from backup. However, backup was/is enabled to my one and only google account.
- When (inevitably) I installed GBWG on by new clean N7, no game save progress came down.

Both devices are on KitKat, both have exactly the same settings under 'Backup and reset' ('Back up my data' and 'Automatic Restore' are both enabled).

I really don't want to play through the first 10 levels again on my N7, can anyone offer any advice as to how I can get the games to sync?

Many thanks

Pedd

Return to Great BIG War Game