Longest Game Recoreded

Anything goes discussion of our BIG new release

Longest Game Recoreded

Postby Dredg3r » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:38 am

I'm playing the 'Typically Tropical' map against a tenacious opponent that I got the upper hand on earlier, but I seem no closer to winning the map. We are in our 120 day. I wonder what the record is?

Re: Longest Game Recoreded

Postby Zatchmo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:00 am

I have a game on typically tropical on day 189 now. By far the longest game I've played.

Postby Dienyddio » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Currently on day 269 of Typically Tropical, just deadlocked )-:

Postby Saigo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Dienyddio wrote:Currently on day 269 of Typically Tropical, just deadlocked )-:

Wow you must be maxed out on units ?

Screenshot ! :)
YouTube Battle Replays!

Image Read about the original Saigo

Postby Dienyddio » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Typically Tropical is a big map it is hard to show all the troops.

Screenshot_2013-06-19-13-16-26.jpg
Typically Tropical
Screenshot_2013-06-19-13-16-26.jpg (102.77 KiB) Viewed 6556 times

I was maxed out on troops before losing a few at the start of the round. I am player 1, my opponent has three sgt. MLRS sat up on the opposing headlands on the other side of the map, out of range of cruisers due to elevation. These MLRS block all travel on that side of the map and across the bay in the middle, but to be fair I have the same level of control on my side. This screen grab just shows another doomed attempt to gain a foothold on his island, it feels like it is impossible to position troops for a sustained land assault on this map although this is the best I have done so far.

Roll on day 274...

Postby Dienyddio » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:17 pm

My match ended on day 316 after my opponent's turn timed out. Bad timing with overseas travel to blame )-:

Oh well...

Postby Avandar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:03 am

That's why I hate this map

Postby dred1234 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 am

Dienyddio wrote:My match ended on day 316 after my opponent's turn timed out. Bad timing with overseas travel to blame )-:

Oh well...

You destroyed his shipyard so you deserved that win.

If you want, let's have a game of TT. I've sent you a friends request. If I don't beat you within 80 turns I'll resign. So far I've always managed to win the game before then. I've got 2 endgames up my sleeve in the situation you've discussed. But i accept it is possible to defend against them to get deadlock.

In my last game against Oli i came close to losing or deadlock. I was trying to entice some of his promoted units out by initiating an attack. The counter attack was stronger than I expected. I nearly lost my shipyard when he managed to get a range and Power double hailmary in 1 turn. I pulled it back from the brink with the help of my healthy bank account and the counter-counter attack that killed 2 of his sergeant mlrs's and the shipyard was fixed with a hail Mary full repair. The game timed out after that.

Anyway, I will only give up on this map when i get deadlock. At the moment I'm a 2 trick pony. Waterly neighbours 2 and TT. I've tried to branch out with mein land and swamp thing. I have been beat badly. Perhaps I should create a minion.

Dred

Postby gbwgnoob » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:47 pm

dred1234 wrote:
Dienyddio wrote:My match ended on day 316 after my opponent's turn timed out. Bad timing with overseas travel to blame )-:

Oh well...

You destroyed his shipyard so you deserved that win.

If you want, let's have a game of TT. I've sent you a friends request. If I don't beat you within 80 turns I'll resign. So far I've always managed to win the game before then. I've got 2 endgames up my sleeve in the situation you've discussed. But i accept it is possible to defend against them to get deadlock.

In my last game against Oli i came close to losing or deadlock. I was trying to entice some of his promoted units out by initiating an attack. The counter attack was stronger than I expected. I nearly lost my shipyard when he managed to get a range and Power double hailmary in 1 turn. I pulled it back from the brink with the help of my healthy bank account and the counter-counter attack that killed 2 of his sergeant mlrs's and the shipyard was fixed with a hail Mary full repair. The game timed out after that.

Anyway, I will only give up on this map when i get deadlock. At the moment I'm a 2 trick pony. Waterly neighbours 2 and TT. I've tried to branch out with mein land and swamp thing. I have been beat badly. Perhaps I should create a minion.

Dred

Once your ranking gets high enough it's tough to learn new maps since you're typically playing against (and getting crushed by) players with WAY more experience on those maps. It's easier to create a minion and work your way up the ranks on new maps. Just my opinion.

Postby dred1234 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:15 pm

My minion is on the loose. Demoralising the beginners. Currently playing mega mesa, ich will sonne and madness 2. Are these maps balanced?

Dred

Next

Return to Great BIG War Game