My opponent don't move. What should I do?

Anything goes discussion of our BIG new release

Postby Yimprayoon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Can I still get a point from leaving the game, or I have to stay on. My game has stopped for about 29 mins now. Supposed that I should win my game and the other side just sit and do nothing, i'm wondering that i will loose point or not.

Re: My opponent don't move. What should I do?

Postby BountyHunter504 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Wait 3 days and his game will be forfeited and you will gain points, just start or join other matches in the meantime
✠ WHODAT ✠

Postby bolt986 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Yeah, multi-player is more like correspondence chess than live play. It's nice when two people both submit their turns really quickly but there is no way to enforce them to do so without changing the game significantly. Your opponent may be back tomorrow to play more, if they are not you will win automatically after 3 days.
In-Game Name: Bolt986
Feel free to add me, accepting all games on balanced maps.
Device: Samsung GT-P3113 | OS: Android 4.1.1

Postby Weygand » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 am

bolt986 wrote:Yeah, multi-player is more like correspondence chess than live play. It's nice when two people both submit their turns really quickly but there is no way to enforce them to do so without changing the game significantly. Your opponent may be back tomorrow to play more, if they are not you will win automatically after 3 days.

The way he describes it, it sounds like he is playing H2H. It should be pretty easy to do that...connect by IP and all that jazz
Honey I'll be your shelter I'll be the one to take you through the night Whenever you need shelter I'll make everything all right Make everything all right, yes. - Taylor Dayne

Postby bolt986 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Weygand wrote:
bolt986 wrote:Yeah, multi-player is more like correspondence chess than live play. It's nice when two people both submit their turns really quickly but there is no way to enforce them to do so without changing the game significantly. Your opponent may be back tomorrow to play more, if they are not you will win automatically after 3 days.

The way he describes it, it sounds like he is playing H2H. It should be pretty easy to do that...connect by IP and all that jazz

What is H2H?
In-Game Name: Bolt986
Feel free to add me, accepting all games on balanced maps.
Device: Samsung GT-P3113 | OS: Android 4.1.1

Postby SentinelX » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:12 pm

i think Head 2 Head (pass & play mode)... But it strikes me odd if it would be that...
If it takes 29min for your opponent to return your device, you better start catching up
to him ;)

Postby BountyHunter504 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Pass and play is on the same device so if that were the case they would be sharing the phone, tablet, pc or whatever ......so like sentinel said....he stole ur shit lol
✠ WHODAT ✠

Postby Weygand » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 am

bolt986 wrote:
Weygand wrote:

What is H2H?

Head2Head....basically playing over IP. I used to play The Campaign Series by Talonsoft and we could do 3x3 and even allocate units of the OoB to different players on a side. Being this was 11 years ago before DSL became ubiquitous sometimes people's connection would crap out and they would drop but they game would still think they were in so you would relax thinking your opponent was just thinking his turn through.

It wouldn't work well here because players are dependent on replaying turns

/observation, not a criticism
Honey I'll be your shelter I'll be the one to take you through the night Whenever you need shelter I'll make everything all right Make everything all right, yes. - Taylor Dayne

Postby ynohtna » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:33 am

Weygand wrote:It wouldn't work well here because players are dependent on replaying turns

/observation, not a criticism

I find I use it cause it's there, but I'd like to see an option for the map where you can't reply turns. Like every move is submitted. Well keep the immediate undo button but not replaying a turn. If you power off your phone, when you log back in you just continue at your last move :)

User avatarHEF

Postby HEF » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:02 pm

ynohtna wrote:I find I use it cause it's there, but I'd like to see an option for the map where you can't reply turns. Like every move is submitted. Well keep the immediate undo button but not replaying a turn. If you power off your phone, when you log back in you just continue at your last move :)

I agree.

Perhaps, there should be a difficulty option where both players cannot replay their turns during competitive matches before timing out in a future update of the War Game series. *-:)

Return to Great BIG War Game