Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Anything goes discussion of our BIG new release
User avatarRubicon
Site Admin
Posts: 4817
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby Rubicon » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:25 am

Did you buy the game via upgrading from the trial or just straight out from the store?

(We are having some teething troubles with the trial method atm as it's impossible to test it before getting into certification, which needs sorting out imo.)
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby CosMc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:57 am

Rubicon wrote:Did you buy the game via upgrading from the trial or just straight out from the store?

(We are having some teething troubles with the trial method atm as it's impossible to test it before getting into certification, which needs sorting out imo.)

I upgraded from trial version.

Have to agree with you.

Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby CosMc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:09 am

All my online games have now disappeared, lowering my rank :( The game also thinks I have the trial, I can only choose Beggars Jungle. Potentially found the glitch? Often when I enter the app it asks for a few seconds if I want to upgrade, then changes the button to "Get more stuff." It thinks I'm in the trial mode online.

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin
Posts: 4817
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby Rubicon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:14 am

This is hopefully fixed now and in submission again, sorry about all this.

If you get anymore problems after that, please speak directly with gbwgw8@rubicondev.com as you'll get faster and better answers. (I'm not that involved in the windows mobile side)
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby CosMc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Rubicon wrote:This is hopefully fixed now and in submission again, sorry about all this.

If you get anymore problems after that, please speak directly with gbwgw8@rubicondev.com as you'll get faster and better answers. (I'm not that involved in the windows mobile side)

Thank you very much sir. Also, not windows mobile, just windows 8 :)

Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby bolt986 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 pm

CosMc wrote:
Rubicon wrote:This is hopefully fixed now and in submission again, sorry about all this.

If you get anymore problems after that, please speak directly with gbwgw8@rubicondev.com as you'll get faster and better answers. (I'm not that involved in the windows mobile side)

Thank you very much sir. Also, not windows mobile, just windows 8 :)


I thought the purpose of windows 8 was the mobile apps were the same as the PC apps.
In-Game Name: Bolt986
Feel free to add me, accepting all games on balanced maps.
Device: Samsung GT-P3113 | OS: Android 4.1.1

User avatarRubicon
Site Admin
Posts: 4817
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby Rubicon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:48 am

Developers are meant to make it look that way, but RT, Windows 8 and WP8 are all completely different things and not binary compatible in the slightest. You won't be able to buy an RT version and get it on your phone for free either.

It's an abortion and if you try real hard you'll find me having a good ole rant about a great many things around this subject. Head's should be rolling in my opinion. Lots of 'em, from the top down.
Regards, Paul Johnson.

Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby CosMc » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 am

Rubicon wrote:Developers are meant to make it look that way, but RT, Windows 8 and WP8 are all completely different things and not binary compatible in the slightest. You won't be able to buy an RT version and get it on your phone for free either.

It's an abortion and if you try real hard you'll find me having a good ole rant about a great many things around this subject. Head's should be rolling in my opinion. Lots of 'em, from the top down.

Well aware, I have many issues with this too. Totally understand where you're coming from a developer standpoint.

Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Windows RT Bug: "App update required" No Online

Postby bolt986 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 am

Interesting I thought at least the mobile apps were 100% available on the PC. I am not a windows 8 fan either, I found this article rather interesting :)

http://orclev.tumblr.com/post/185551414 ... -will-suck
In-Game Name: Bolt986
Feel free to add me, accepting all games on balanced maps.
Device: Samsung GT-P3113 | OS: Android 4.1.1

Previous

Return to Great BIG War Game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron